There can be various reasons for kidney stones, however, the accumulation or formation of minerals is considered to be the major cause. This is one of the painful conditions, which many people experience worst in their lifetime. This pain forces them to find quick relief through some better medications. However, some patients, who are overweight, have the risk of having kidney stone problems continued in future, in spite of taking treatments.
Know about Kidney Stones:
- Kidney stones, known as Renal Lithiasis or Nephrolithiasis
- Kidney stones are formed due to mineral deposits and acid salts
- Passing them cause severe pain
- In some case, it may struck in the urinary tract and may require surgery to cure
Causes of Kidney Stones:
Before we get to know the causes of kidney stones, here follows some information about how it is formed:
As we all know, urine is the fluid waste, which eliminates excess water, minerals, and acids in the body. But in most cases, the kidney stones are formed because you don’t drink enough water. In this case, the acids and minerals in the urinary system will become concentrated and due to which, parts of those particles will crystallize over the time. This becomes the major reason for the formation of kidney stones.
Here follows few more causes and types of kidney stones:
This the common type, where there is a huge amount of calcium in the urine. This calcium will deposit in the form of calcium oxalate. The main reasons for this type of kidney stones are:
- Not drinking enough water
- Consuming food rich in calcium oxalate like eggs, chocolate, meat
- Taking calcium supplements
- Metabolic disorders
This type of kidney stones is very common in women. They grow very fast no warning. This stone tend to be bigger than the calcium stones.
Uric acid Stones:
This is caused due to high concentration of uric acid in the urine and caused due to:
- Do not drink enough water, which increases the concentration of uric acid
- Consuming high protein diets like poultry and meat
- Metabolic disorders like gout, which prevents the body from breaking down certain types of chemicals
This is the rare type and is caused due to genetic disorder, called cystinuria. This type, causes the kidney to process and eliminate the higher concentration of amino acids in urine.
Symptoms to identify Kidney Stones:
Although the symptoms cannot be easily identified at the early stage, you can still feel. To point a few:
- Kidney stones will start moving around kidney
- It enters ureter
- Cause infection in the kidney or urinary tract
Some of the notable symptoms include:
- Continuous pain below ribs, on the back or sides
- Pain in groin
- Pain in scrotum or testes for men
- Pain may fluctuate within minutes and even hours
- Impossible to lay still and feel restless
- Nausea / general malaise/ vomit
- Painful urination
- Color of urine may be brown, pink or red
- Urine may smell
- Blood in urine
- Kidney stone scratching against kidney surface or ureter
Home Remedies for Kidney Stones:
Here are some simple, but effective home remedies to follow for treating kidney stones:
Watermelon: Taking watermelon juice can be a best option to dissolve kidney stones.
Fruit Juices: Grapes, orange, and carrot juices serve to be the best home remedies to treat kidney stones, as they contain citrate, which can slow down the production of uric acid
Chanca Piedra: This is a very effective herb helps to dissolve kidney and gall stones. It contains no toxins and causes no side effects. Even pregnant woman can take this herb
Cereal Grass: Like barley grass and wheat grass are very effective to cure this health problem.
Apple Cider Vinegar: ACV serves as the best internal cleanser and thus can help flush contaminants in the kidney
Baking Soda: This helps to remove acid content in kidney quickly
- Take ½ Tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp of ACV
- One large glass of water
- Mix the ingredients well. Taking three times a day can give better results
Water – An Amazing Remedy for Kidney Stones:
The power of water should never be underestimated. The fact cannot be denied that water is a very effective solution to cure kidney stones. It helps to flush out deadly toxins and chemicals from the body, which is not an exception to kidney stones.
Remember, dehydration can also become a cause for developing kidney stones, especially in pregnant women. If you are looking for a natural cure, then try to drink plenty of water daily, at least 2 – 3 liters per day.
But, ensure that the water is filtered and contains no impurities in it, like dust particles.
Lemon to treat Kidney Stones / Lemonade Therapy
One of the best home remedies and easily available ingredient is lemon. It is not only to dissolve kidney stones, but lemon is used to treat many other ailments in your body. It causes no side effects.
Benefits of lemon:
The unique property of lemon with high natural citrate can prevent or cure kidney stones. Using lemon for kidney stone is called as ‘Lemonade Therapy’.
Knowing about Lemonade Therapy
This therapy aims at increasing the consumption level of lemon juice in your regular diet. You can combine lemon juice with various other natural ingredients to get better remedy.
How does lemon help to dissolve Kidney Stones?
- Lemon is the citric fruit and rich in citrate, which can inhibit calcium stone formation and break up small stones
- Decreases acidic content in urine while preventing calcium oxalate and uric acid formation in the stones
- Contains natural antiseptic, which can prevent bacteria growth in the kidney and thus reduce infection
- Keeps you hydrated and enable you to pass more urine
Lemon Juice Home Remedies
Here follow some useful and effective home remedies using lemon:
- Take a fresh lemon and extract juice, to the amount you need
- Add 2 liters of water and stir well
- Add sweetener if you want
- Drink all to relive from pain
- Taking twice a day can bring you immediate result
Lemon Juice, Basil, and Wheatgrass:
- Take one glass wheatgrass juice
- 1 tsp of lemon juice and basil juice
- Mix all ingredient well and drink it
- Take 2 or 3 times a day to get quick relief
- Take ½ cup of lemon juice
- Add to 32-ounce bottle of water
- Mix it well and take it throughout the day
- Take ½ cup of concentrated lemon juice
- Add 7 cups of water and stir well
- Add sweetener if want
- Drink daily to remove or dissolve kidney stones
Lemon Ice Cubes
- Take fresh lemon juice
- Fill it in ice cube trays and freeze it to form cubes
- You can now add this cube to your favorite drinks
- You can also add to regular water and take it instantly
Lemon juice and ACV
- Take 1 tbsp of ACV and lemon juice
- Stir well and try to consume regularly to remove kidney stones
Lemon Juice and Olive Oil
- Take ¼ cup of lemon juice and olive oil
- Mix the ingredients well
- Drink the mixture followed by drinking more water
- Try to take this 2 or 3 times for 3 days
- Take 2 ounces of lemon juice and olive oil
- Mix well and drink
- Drink water following
- Wait for 30 minutes and now drink the mixture of half a lemon juice and 1 tbsp ACV
- Repeat this for every one hour to find quick relief
- Take 3 quarts of water in a pan and boil it
- Now add 2 ounces of fresh lemon juice and extra virgin oil
- Mix well with water
- You can refrigerate this water to cool it and drink
- Take 2 tbsp olive oil once in every one hour from afternoon until evening
- Keep drinking lemon water throughout the day to flush kidney stones along with
- It is always recommendable to use organic and fresh lemon for the treatment
- You can try lemon extract pills, prescribed by doctor
- Try to take foods containing lemon
- Try to take at least few drops of lemon daily in your diet in some forms
In addition to these above-said remedies, you can also use nettle leaf, basil, pomegranate, and other fruits and herbs to dissolve kidney stones in natural ways, without taking medications. However, try to avoid taking alcohol for better results. Try to consult your doctor, soon you realize the symptoms of kidney stones, to avoid complications and surgery.