Is your dry scalp is getting itchy? Are you feeling uncomfortable due to itching sensation all day and all night? If yes, then we have the best dry scalp with natural home remedies that will work for you.
By using these home remedies, you will completely get rid of the dry and itchy scalp. No doubt that there are many ways to get rid of the dry scalp, but the most efficient one is the use of natural home remedies.But before anything, it is necessary to know the nature of your scalp and use each remedy accordingly.
What is the reason of Dry Scalp?
The leading causes of the dry scalp are dormant and underactive oil glands in human scalp, which in short not able to produce the required amount of natural oil in the human skin.
However, some of the common causes are:
- Usage of bad quality shampoos that contain harmful chemicals
- Many time fungal infection
- Excessive use of dirty/hard water (Mix with chemicals)
- Lack of essential nutrients in the diet
- Excessive usage of hair products full of chemicals
- Due to the negligence of hair care, including unhealthy habits, lack of hair oiling and conditioning.
So, the very first step is to know the cause of dry scalp and after that pick up the required treatment for your hair care.
Tea Tree Shampoo-Dry Scalp
How this works:
- Take a few drops of effective tea free oil and add them to your regular shampoo
- Shake the bottle well
- Use this shampoo normally for you hairs
- For getting best results, use this shampoo twice a week
It’s better to use this shampoo if your dryness is due to the infection (Fungal) because it contains essential oil is a vital antifungal agent. Moreover, it also aids in unclogs the pores of the scalp and regulates the oil production.
Apple cider vinegar-Dry Scalp
How it works:
- You need to take 2-3 apple cider vinegar tablespoons and a cotton ball
- Use cotton to apply on scalp and massage for 5 minutes
- Leave the vinegar for 10 minutes on scalp
- Rinse it with cold water
- It’s best to use this natural dry scalp remedy at least twice a week
Apple cider vinegar helps in balancing the pH of the scalp and also clean the scalp of harmful microbes.
Note: If you are allergic or have sensitive skin, then it’s better to have the same amount of dilute solution of ACV and water before applying.
Onion Juice-Dry Scalp
How it works:
- Take ¼ cup of onion juice and along with that 1 tablespoon honey
- Extract the juice and add honey in it.
- Take cotton and apply it on your scalp and leave it for 15 minutes
- Wash this with regular shampoo
It’s better to apply this onion juice on your scalp twice in a week. Once you notice that your dry scalp is getting improved, then use it continuously for your scalp.
The best of onion is it helps in getting rid of scalp dryness due to high sulfur content in it.