Can anyone deny the benefits of ginger? To say, most of the recipes, be it continental or traditional Indian food, have ginger as one of the main ingredients in it.
Everyone is aware of the superpowers of ginger, but how many of us know that it is also a wonderful ingredient that can enhance your skin and hair beauty?
Perhaps, there is no doubt that after reading this article, will definitely rush to the market to buy and stock more ginger always available in your refrigerator!
Know about Ginger!
What is new to know about ginger?
Everyone is aware of the medicinal values and its health benefits, besides, what is more, to know about ginger?
Although we know about some common benefits, there is still a lot more to know about ginger, which is absolutely surprising. Here are a few facts about ginger, which you already know and yet to know:
- Ginger in both fresh and dried forms have equal medicinal and cooking purposes to serve
- You can also find ginger in the form of oil, tinctures, powder and capsules
- One can experience no side effects by consuming ginger daily, however, some people may feel a mild heartburn or stomach upset when taken in empty stomach, which can be subsided by drinking water
- Ginger is used as the best supplement and you can take it in the form of tea daily
Nutritional Values of Ginger
Ginger is used for centuries to heal various health ailments. It is used as one of the best and common home remedies by many people across India and in Southeast Asia. Right from stomach upset to flu, ginger acts as a wonderful remedy. It also offers impressive beauty benefits. It can tackle cellulite in an efficient way.
Here follows some nutritional values of Ginger:
- Folic acid
- Soluble / insoluble fiber
- Fatty acids
- Vitamin A, C, E and K
- Amino acids
Ginger contains ZERO cholesterol.
The Wide usage of Ginger
- Be it dried or fresh, ginger is used in various recipes. Ginger with cumin, onion, garlic, mustard seeds and tomato makes a wonderful and flavorful taste in the Indian cuisines.
- Ginger Garlic paste is the most widely and very often used in almost all varieties of traditional and continental foods
- Ginger is used for preparing lemon and ginger pickles
- It is used to make candies, biscuits, gingerbread and other spicy snacks
- Ginger tea
- Ginger juice added with lemon juice, carrot, and even apple juice
Ginger and Skin Beauty
Here are some key highlights about how ginger can help in enhancing your skin beauty:
- Anti-ageing: Fights wrinkles. The content of antioxidants can reduce toxins in skin cells, which also increases blood circulation and helps reduce aging signs
- Blemishes and acne: Ginger help removing acne spots and correct imperfections. The presence of powerful antiseptic and cleaning qualities can minimize the rate of acne formation by killing bacteria on the skin surface and deep inside the skin pores.Ginger is the best remedy for those with sensitive skin to naturally cure acne.
- Soothes burns / blisters: Applying fresh ginger juice on blisters and burns can soothe the skin and heal soon
- Refreshing glow: Applying sliced ginger root on face can give a refreshing glow and increase the skin tone
Ginger Face Mask 1:
If you are looking to improve the skin toning, then the ginger face mask can be a perfect choice for you.
How to make:
- Mix grated ginger with natural mask you have or bought from a store
- This mixture can help to moisturize your skin, soften it and make it glow
Ginger Mask 2:
- Take ginger, honey and lemon of equal proportion
- Grate ginger well
- Mix all ingredients well and refrigerate for a few minutes
- Now apply gently on your acne and leave it for a few minutes
- Now rinse using normal water
Ginger Mask 3:
If you are looking for a natural moisturizer, then here follows another wonderful ginger mask:
- Take a small piece of ginger and grate well
- Take 3 tbsp of honey and blend the ingredients thoroughly
- Add ½ cup of glycerin to the mixture and apply it on your face
- Leave it for a few minutes and wash it well with normal water
Ginger to treat White Scars:
Ginger can effectively treat hypo pigmental or white scars.
How to make:
- Finely slice ginger root
- Place it on the scar for at least 30 minutes
- Try to do this for at least three times a week or daily to get better results
Ginger Skin Rejuvenation
Applying ginger topically gives anti-aging benefits. The content of about 40 antioxidant properties in ginger can prevent free radical damage and protect your skin against aging. It can also improve the elasticity of the skin. Here is a remedy:
- Take powdered or grated ginger
- Add honey
- Add fresh lemon juice
- Mix it well and apply it on your face
- Leave it for 30 minutes and wash your face with normal water
Ginger for Hair
Ginger can effectively reduce hair loss. But how many are really aware of this fact?
Ginger can stimulate hair growth by increasing the blood circulation to the scalp. It can make your hair shiny and silky. It can also fight dandruff and split ends.
You can mix some ginger oil to your shampoo to wash your hair. This will eliminate dryness and fix various hair problems. There is no doubt that you can expect lustrous hair texture within a few days of regularly using the ginger oil. It helps to restore the lost moisture to your hair. Moreover, the nutrient content of zinc, vitamins, phosphorous and other compounds in ginger can help improve dry hair and split ends problem.
Ginger Head Massage:
Here is a wonderful home remedy to stimulate your hair growth, while getting healthy and shiny hair.
- Take a reasonable quantity of ginger
- Grate well
- Take olive or jojoba oil and add grated ginger to it
- Mix the content well and apply on your scalp
- Now massage thoroughly for a few minutes and leave it overnight
- Use ginger oil and regular shampoo next day morning to wash your hair
- Note: Avoid using conditioner
Ginger Hair Mask and dandruff remedy
The antiseptic properties of ginger make it the best remedy to treat dandruff.
- Take freshly grated ginger
- Add three parts of sesame or olive oil
- Mix the ingredients well
- Apply it on the scalp and leave it for a few minutes
- Wash your hair using gentle shampoo
- Repeat the process for at least two times a week to get best result
How to make:
- Take ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- One lemon juice
- Mix the ingredients well and refrigerate for a few minutes
- Apply on scalp and leave it for a few minutes
- Rinse your hair well with normal water
What can Ginger do more?
Besides offering hair and skin beauty, ginger can also provide you many other health benefits. To point a few:
- Treats respiratory problems
- Aids digestion
- Helps treat cancer
- Treats chemotherapy nausea
- Treats morning sickness
- Reduce pain
- Relieve menstrual cramps
- Treats migraine
- Manage glucose levels
- Promotes weight loss
- Manage blood pressure
- Enhances immunity
- Manage osteoarthritis and more
After knowing the amazing benefits of ginger, now you may never want to skip it from your diet. Although ginger is readily available in the market, you can still grow your own ginger in the garden, following simple methods. This helps you to get freshly cultivated ginger anytime you want, without rushing to the store near.
- Simply take small pieces of ginger root
- Plant it in the soil and water it regularly
- This small piece of root planted will multiply and grow largely within a few weeks
- Ginger requires only less maintenance, but you will get organically grown ginger without pesticides or chemicals added
With ample benefits to gain from ginger, believe you have realized the right time come ahead to start using ginger in your daily diet and for external uses. Although ginger can offer you many amazing benefits and it can be used at home for simple, but effective remedies, it is recommendable for you to know the allowed or safe quantity to be used or consumed per day. Never exceed the recommendable quantity of ginger, as it may cause a burning sensation.
Note: Ginger should not be given to children less than 2 years of age to intake.
In the case of adults, never exceed 4 grams per day.
A pregnant woman can take only 1 gram of ginger per day.